Thursday, February 26, 2009

Updates?

Yes, it's been QUITE a while since my last update here at the blog. This has been due to a number of things.

1) Issue 4 release: the first week is always busy with the new release, and this was no exception. With the way my Host uploaded the file, "saving" the file became an issue for a few. This was eventually fixed, but took time and effort.

2) Cold and coughs: the moment issue 4 of grOw/cOmic #3 was released, I came down with one of those colds/coughs that just knock you out. I was "loopy" and not in good shape to do any concentrated work.

3) Furious pace is usually followed by a small break: getting issue 4 out the door in "time" was one of these efforts. I took a few days... but mostly to recover from my cold/cough.

4) "Real life" work: one of the reasons I was pushing
to release issue 4 when I did was that I knew a lot of "real life" work was coming down the pike. And did it ever... more than I thought. This has kept me busy enough so that I could not update.

5) Nothing to update anyway: I had no new updates to post anyway. Yes, I announced the "Epilogue" to grOw/cOmic#3, but this was a newly-formed idea, just before releasing issue 4. Basically, it was only in my head (unlike the other issues, which were all planned, thumbnails, and sketched). P
art of the lull in updates was that I have been scripting this new issue. The basic script is complete, all pages have been planned and thumbnailed (18 pages this time!! 2 extra!), and I am now beginning the full-size, pencil drawing stage. I have only done 2 pages with all of the above, but I hope to start up again by next week. Once all the pages are drawn, I will scan them in and start coloring them. This is when you will see near daily updates again. :)

6) I also had one more thing to do: a NEW BE-painting: This one is my take on a sketch done by TLink of the deviantArt gallery "Lakehylia" (Linky). You can see a larger version of this at my free and members BEA Galleries, my (finally) measily updated deviantArt Gallery (Linky), or at the Process Forum. (See below)


So you see, things HAVE been moving along. I am sorry for the lack of updates, but most of the work was behnd the scenes, or I was too swamped. Hopefully, that will change very shortly! Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, is that grow 3 collection coming anytime soon?

Anonymous said...

Anything coming soon BA?

Anonymous said...

Ok.. so, um.. yea... it has been a while. In the lack of information, people will start to make their own. I hope is all good and ok with you BA. I know the economy is not healthy, but you r a person of many talents. please just acknowledge all is ok. Just worried.

BustArtist said...

I'm here, I'm here! See the next post! Thanks for your concern!

BustArtist said...

grOw/cOmic#3 Collection (issues 1-4) is now available!