Saturday, March 14, 2009

Still here, updates coming....


Yes, it's been an even longer while since last post. I am still here! Thanks for all the prodding messages to poke me into giving an update. Time has passed so quickly in the last month that I just realized it's been 5 weeks since the release of the last issue! Sorry about that! My head is spinning.

OK. Why no updates since? See the last post for most of it. The "real life" work continued for 2-3 weeks longer than expected. It just started slowing down this week.

So with the slow down, where are the updates for issue 5 (Epilogue) to grOw/cOmic#3 ? Well, do remember that this newly added issue was only conceived at the last minute (2-3 days before the release of the last issue). All 4 issues of grOw/cOmic#3 were written, planned, and sketched before I started posting updates for it. For issue 5, it was all in my head. So, during the last month, while I was getting bombarded from all directions, I did all of this for issue 5 (Epilogue) -- writing, planning (thumbnails sketches of each page), and pencil drawing each page.

The good news is that, today, in terms of all this work, I finished the last page of the issue! Now it's on to the inking and coloring of the pages, which I usually post near-daily updates! Yay!

More good news is that issue 5 will be 2 pages longer than previous issues, at 18 pages!

So-so news, is that, since its been so long, I was going to release the grOw/cOmic#3 Collection (issues 1-4) today, but due to technical troubles, I could not. I am in discussion with tech support now. My Host changed hands in the last 2 weeks, which isn't helping! I am hoping it will all be corrected by time I am done with issue 5.

I may have to change Hosts, which will be a huge undertaking. I am shopping around for a turn-key ecommerce site that will allow my... ahem... kind of site, as well as provide an easy digital download ecommerce solution for my store.

Hang in there! Thank you for your interest and support! This delay will hopefully be a thing of the past!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear news from you BA. As always I can't wait to see what you'll come up with, but the creative process is always time consuming and real life is... well, real life. ;)

So as always, keep it up!

BustArtist said...

Thanks, DevonCory!