Friday, January 27, 2017

grOw/cinema #1, 75% complete!

I didn't get as many frames completed this week as I had last week, but I still made great progress. I completed 11 new frames (bringing the total to 60 frames of 81 completed). Some "real life" work took most of one day, which had taken me away from working on this issue. Also, some of the frames had some major "character overlapping" and "interesting camera angles" which had taken more time. I am really enjoying working on, and seeing the results of this new format.  Enjoy the preview!

Friday, January 20, 2017

grOw/cinema 1 over 60% complete!

In the past week, I was able to complete 19 more panels to the first issue of grOw/cinema, the new, upcoming series, titled "The Ever Expanding Universe." The first issue will be an extra-long 81 panels long (of which, 49 pages are now done). This larger issue is roughly equivalent to the extra-long, 23-page last issue of grOw/cOmic#6, which had 79 panels. Most of the grOw/cOmic 6 series was between 55-64 panels per issue, and this series will most likely be the same.

I have added a few more panels to this issue from its initial script, and have added some ass/hip expansion to it as well.  This first issue will include breast expansion (big/huge), ass expansion, penis expansion, and "changing history".

Friday, January 13, 2017

grOw/cinema 1, issue 1 more than a third completed!

I have been working away on the first issue of grOw/cinema #1, "The Ever Expanding Universe".  The first issue will be extra long at about 80 panels. This is equivalent to the last issue of grOw/cOmic#6, which was an extra-long 23 pages. I've really settled into the new style, format, and look. It took a bit to acclimate myself to it, but now the work in flowing nicely. In many ways, I like it better than the ways I've been doing things up to this point. 

I can make softer lines which gives it a nicer, realer feel. This is something I hadn't expected, previously always trying to achieve a nice, crisp line in Adobe Illustrator. I can also light and shade panels so much quicker since, after laying down the base color, I use just a few layers (2 lighting, 2 shading) to achieve lighting affects with a simple gray scale painting. No more choosing subjective colors for lights and shades. I can even apply this gray scale shading over multiple, differently-colored objects and achieve a more harmonious lighting. I love it. I also have been loving using this method to achieve better hair.

As of this writing, I have completed 30 out of 81 panels (and am halfway through panel 31). That's about 38% complete. Now, this was done since about Dec 28th, and not since Nov 28th when the last grOw/cOmic was released. (The time between Nov 28 and Dec 28 was spent working on "real life" end-of-year projects, writing this new series and rough-sketching the panels, building three 3D background scenes, researching and testing this new method, as well as a holiday vacation.)  So, in reality, that's drawing, inking and coloring about 30 panels in just 2 weeks. Hopefully, I can get this first issue done in the next 3 or so weeks. This will be a huge increase in issue productivity!

Since each page is a single, movie-screen ratio panel, I won't be showing a preview from each page, similar to when I produce grOw/stOries. I will release a few previews from each issue every so often.