Tuesday, July 26, 2016

grOw/cOmic#6, page 127 completed!

I had to work an extra hour and a half today, but I was able to complete page 127 of grOw/cOmic#6. I thought it was going to be an easier page, but then realized the complexity of it as I worked. Overlapping characters, liquid effects, etc. all took a little extra time. At this stage, the milk effects alone take up 7 layers unto themselves — rivers, drops, drips, streams, sprays, spatter, big drops, and gush. Each layer has a different shape, and one of 4 milky Photoshop layer effects applied to it. The separate layers give me the maximum control over its look. And, if I don't like how one area came out, I can simply erase that small part on the separate layer, rather than the entire milk-spray effect.

17 pages down, 4 to go (plus the cover to issue 8). And I am pretty sure on what the cover to issue 8 will look like. It's in my head, and I can't wait to get it down on paper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey BA. Love your work. Just wondering though...this series has been pretty low on good old fashioned clothes bursting...at the least will the last issues see some good old Bonnie style outgrowing of rooms/buildings etc? That's what I love from you and I wish there was more!! :D

Anonymous said...

Well to each there own.... But i think There was plenty of that at the beginning and this is definitely a sequel to the first Grow and escalated while mirrorinfg its ravenous grow sequences in my opinion. My fav series so far! Keep up the amazing work Bustartist!

BustArtist said...

Anon1: It's a longer series, so even if was the same amount as others, it may seem less. However, at the rate of the growth in the earlier part of series, a character would have more time to remove a constricting garment, ad I decided to make the girls' reactions a little more "real world." That said, I made sure to add the Karisha sport bra sequence. :-) As to your second comment, I hate to let too much know about future issues, but... ;D

Anon2: Thanks! The "definitely a sequel, but escalated" feel is exactly what I wanted to go for — plenty of nods to the original, but a new story and characters to follow. I am glad it came across that way. But, it wasn't easy, especially with everything pretty much explained in the original "Milk Farm". I thought, "How can I make this different, and more"? Thus, the "Plot" theme, in which the story isn't necessarily about the reason for the growth (although I think I found a way to even add some doubt to well-known facts from the original), but rather on the character motives and interactions, and how the story would go back-and-forth like a BE tennis game. ;)