Tuesday, July 12, 2016

grOw/cOmic#6, page 123 completed!

Bam! The last update might have taken 3 (business) days, but this one took only 1!  Page 123 was completed today, even before the end of my "normal day". The truth is that the last page didn't take an entire 3 days, so I was able to get a full half-day head start on this page yesterday. It just goes to show you that there is (unfortunately) no specific time frame to complete a page. It all depends on the complexity of the page as dictated by the story at that juncture. Pages that have more faces (which take a lot of work due to their intricacies and details required), more frames, more special effects (blurs, liquids, lighting, etc.) will take more time than frames with less of those, or with less clothing. A naked body is quicker to ink & color than one that may be clothed in garments containing straps, leggings, cloth folds, laces, lacy edges, or denum textures. So when someone asks me what my ETA for release is, and I have more than 2 pages left to do, it's always a guess.

13 down. 8 to go...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

However long it takes you to post an update, I know that it means that it fits your expectations and that just makes me more antsy. I can not wait!