Thursday, April 28, 2011

GC#4, issue 6: pencils begin!

While I have been working on these for the past few days, I finally made some serious progress on the pencil drawings for grOw/cOmic#4, issue 6, "A Sex-perience of a lifetime." As of now, 10 out of 20 pages have been drawn. Yes, that's right — issue 6 will also be an extra long release, with 20 pages. Drawing these pages, however, is not all that I've been doing. As usual, I've been reviewing the script, cutting down long passages, and reworking others. Plus, before the drawing began, I had to "thumbnail sketch" the entire issue, planning the panels and figures. I used Poser quite extensively for this issue, in order to keep consistent "proportions" between our hero and his miniGTS girlfriend. In addition, it was a wonderful tool to assist me in getting the right "camera angle" of each dramatic panel, especially for this climactic issue. Hopefully, the next 10 pages won't take too long, and I can start inking and painting. Depending on the complexity of the pages, and the amount of "RL" work I have, I can pump out between 2 and 6 penciled pages a day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when a plan comes together!

jayessell said...

I'm enjoying the story as it's as close as I can
expect to see of an erotic re-imagining of
"The Incredible Shrinking Man".

Just substitute Incompletely for Incredible.

Let's see some of the Poser work in the
"The Making Of" appendix.