Monday, September 20, 2010

GC#4, page 52 complete!

And here I thought page 52 was straightforward enough to be completed in 1 day (last Friday). Nope. While it may have been possible, as usual, a few work-related jobs jumped up out of nowhere, and took most of my time that day. Even more work came up today, but I was just just able to finish the page before day's end. The effects nearly caused an extra day, as what I once thought was going to be an easy page (based on the pencil drawing), turned into a texture- and effect-heavy page — two items which are not apparent on the pencil drawing, since they are added after inking and coloring.

Only 2 more pages and the cover to issue 4 to go! Hang in there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have honestly never felt so excited.... :)

Anonymous said...

I'm hanging BA, don't doubt it :p
-Potato

Anonymous said...

I do have to say that this comic line up is your best work so far and its not even over with! :) keep up the great work!

BustArtist said...

@Potato: if you're hanging, then maybe my previews aren't exciting enough! ;D

@Anonymous#3: Thanks! It's a series that was designed to encompass a lot of "growth themes", just as grOw/cOmic#2 was designed to be specifically "BE". Each type of focus has it's strong points, and will be both explored in the future.