Wednesday, February 24, 2010

CG#4: page 5 complete!

Another page is done, part of the opening set of pages that have quite a bit of detail (and characters). I mentioned this once before for grOw/cOmic#3, but I will repeat it here. It's not the number of panels, that causes a page to take longer, but the number of faces on the page. Faces need extra care to make them come out right, with all their intricacies. We humans are very structured to communicate with a person's face, so we are quite intimate with its features. Page 3 had a total of 18 faces (whew!), and page 4 had 14 which is why they took so long. This last page had 9, which is getting closer to the average.

I am also getting the hang of adding the Google SketchUp renderings as backgrounds. They definitely needed added Photoshop work — better shadows, lighting, bluring, etc — but the software does the trick, giving me detailed locations that would take a lot of time to produce otherwise.

Enjoy the preview! On to page 6 !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I can certainly see how faces would take forever, but well worth it in the end. Godspeed BA.
-Potato

A Dedicated Fan said...

I know, I know... but is there any way to put up that trusty ole map?
It is appreciated.

Thank you again for all your efforts!

Anonymous said...

Chip chip chip...

Looking forward to another great comic! Can you just remind me, what themes are covered in this issue?

Anonymous said...

He's posted before that the themes will be

"As for the themes in grOw/cOmic#4 ("grOwing Desires"), I thought I had posted that already. I did a search, and I found it. But it was in a comment I wrote, so some may have missed it. (Sep 23, 2009 post).

"grOwing Desires" will be a multi-growth fetish cOmic. As of this time, there will be (to varying degrees) the following, subject to final revision of the story: BE (duh!), lactation, ass/hip-expansion (AE?), tall and mini-GTS, some FMG, PE -- this list of "growths" will be spread over multiple people."

-Potato