Thursday, April 23, 2009

Page 81 complete!

It's been a few days, but the next page is finally done. The usual delays occurred -- "real life" work deadlines, plus a detailed page that took extra time.

We are almost there. I may add one more page — I haven't decided yet. I will not really add anything new, but rather split the last page into 2, since there is a lot going on. But I am not sure if there is enough to split. I am going to do some roughs before trying. This is the last page (or pages) of the entire series, so I want to do it right. And, as someone asked in an earlier post about the extra pages in this issue: no, it will not raise the price! :D

Hang in there! We're getting closer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.
With no idea what the last page(s) look like I suggest splitting them, more often then not I find the artwork can be better appreciated that way.

uruseiranma said...

Being a person who also agonizes over single or split-pages, I'd say go for the split page if it is necessary.

From my own experience, split-pages work when they can showcase a scene well, such as one back in H2Grow that to me is still one of the best pages ever of your work.

BustArtist said...

As you can see by the next post, I decided to keep it as one. I did some sketches and I would have only 2 panels on each page for the last 2 pages. It was too... broken up. The 4 panels worked well together. I would have liked only 3 better, but the last panel wouldn't have worked alone. Thankfully, with the help of Photoshop, I took the original pencil scan, chopped up the panels, resized and repositioned them, and reset the text. I was able to come up with a solution that think works great.