Monday, April 27, 2009

Final page completed!

Page 82, the last page of the issue, and of the series, has just been completed! I thought about it long and hard, and in the end, I left the last page as one. In my last post, I mentioned how I was thinking of splitting the page into two. I started doing sketches of what the pages would look like split, and I decided that it would be best for the story wrap-up to keep it on one page — splitting it would have seemed too drawn out.

So, instead, I took the pencil drawn version of the page, and moved and resized panels in Photoshop until I got the right balance and eased up a lot of room from the original "crowded" design. It is still a busy page (in detail and text) but it is now much better, and no more busy than other pages from other issues. The detail (4 unique new backgrounds, and a lot of faces) is also what made this page take so long.

I am now going to work on the cover, in which I mistakenly "flattened" the Photoshop file. This caused all the "cover type and effects" to be layed permanently over the art. I usually show the cover artwork without any of these on the second page of the issue. I have an "older file" that is the drawn artwork, without the shading — so, I won't have to totally recreate from scratch.

After the 2nd cover is recreated, I will be finalizing the PDF, setting up the store and the icon artwork, and then it is release time!

Thank you to all who have been following this series! I hope it has been an enjoyable one. This last issue (the "epliogue") finishes out the 5-issue series in a grand flourish.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds fantastic! :D Can't wait for the release. Great work on the Grow3!

Anonymous said...

Omg Omg Omg, how long till it will be available? A day?

A Dedicated Fan said...

Well, we have come to the end of the adventure! I am eagerly awaiting the release! This to me is just the start of something new again. I know your in the final stages of prep, proof and post, but any pearls for us on your next project(s)?

As always, excellent work. I am ready!

other290 said...

Can't wait to buy it! Hope the next project is just as successful -- your works keeps getting better and better.

uruseiranma said...

Like many, waiting for lift off :P

I have some speculation as to how it ends...but I'll just wait and see.

knivesjc said...

Credit card at the ready! Your work is always great!

Anonymous said...

Arghhh the wait is painful.

BustArtist said...

See newest post for updates on the status of the issue.

Dedicated Fan: my next releases will be a few grOw/stOries. I have not done any of these in a while, and I want to get a few out the door for those people patiently waiting for them. After that, grOw/cOmic#4 is alredy being planned out. It'll be a multi-issue (4-6) story of many "expansion/growth" themes.