Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Page 84 complete! Hand doing much better.

I completed page 84 this afternoon, but was only able to upload it tonight. The page took a little longer,as it was, again, a complicated one. Some fades, overlapping panels, water effects, and movement blurs. A high impact page indeed!

The hand is doing better. It was actually focused on the topside of my wrist. Part of the cause, I believe, was the new drawing surface I just replaced on my Wacom -- a removable piece of plastic that you draw on. It is removable because it will eventually wear -- along with the plastic tip of the pen. The new surface was much more rubbery than the last. It was very slight, but like a well-known car, as soon as something is "off", you notice it. My tendons seemed to have noticed it, too. The extra "drag" caused by the rubbery surface became a repetitive strain. I have since given my wrist a good 5 days rest (with some work in there, yes). Plus, I have acclimated my drawing style to it, along with breaking in the surface.

On to page 85 tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how many more pages remain?

the anticipation is killing me!

Anonymous said...

Lets see, this issue starts on page 71, there are 22 pages, were on page 84 so 71+22=93 93-84=9. I think that is all correct.

BustArtist said...

8 pages to go. There ARE 22 pages in the issue, but your math is wrong. It is not 71+22 (since p.71 is PART of the 22 pages of issue 5), but 70+22 (as issue 4 ended on page 70). We are 64% done!