Thursday, January 10, 2008

Page 79 complete! Issue #5 is 41% done!

Page 79 is now finished and placed in the issue. It's amazing, at this point, what practice does to your speed. Water effects, shiny wet skin, shadows, and motion blurs -- they all come so much quicker than they did back in issue 1.

And my "new" Wacom pen tablet is a god-send! I say "new", as I have had it for only 9 months. I've used a mouse for all my digital work for the last 16 years! Without it, there is no way I would be doing the work I am now doing -- at least not with the same quality and speed. If you are interested in doing artwork on a computer, I highly recommend looking into one. The model I use is the wide-aspect (11"x6") Wacom Intuos3 tablet. I bought the wide aspect since my computer screens are wide (17" Mac PowerBook, and a 24" inch iMac). They also make more inexpensive versions, but I have not tried those. After 16 years of mousing, it took about a week to get used to the pen. Now, I only use the mouse for precision* and simple menu commands.

(*When you release a mouse, the pointer stays. You can't do that with a pen as easily.)


Oh, yeah... enjoy the preview for page 79!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUDE, its like every preview pick is every frat boys dream come true! Boobs big enough to have their own zip codes on girls whose utter HOTNESS outshine the women on BAYWATCH ,the infamous SWEDISH BIKINI TEAM, and every women in the PLAYBOY MANSION combined! The Main Male Character, if he lives through what looks like a MEGA-QUADRUPLE-TIT-SMOTHER, will have bragging rights that even his great grandchildren wil be able to enjoy. example=

KID2= My grand pa created the internet!

KID3= Oh yeah, well my granddad created a chewable, strawberry flavored cure for every disease known to man!

KID1= I got ya both beat! MY grandpa was the pool boy of the GREAT HYPER BOOB INCIDENT OF 2007!
Heres his vid-pic! There's grandma holding him in her hand!

(both kid2 and kid3 gasp)
KID2 & KID3 chant together= WE'RE NOT WORTHY! WE'RE NOT WORTH! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!