Thursday, October 7, 2010

grOw/cOmic#4: next steps

Thank you!

Thank you to all who purchased the latest issue of grOw/cOmic#4 "grOwing Desires". I am happy with the feedback I've gotten, and, as usual, will apply anything pertinent to future issues.

Thank you to all of you who notified me of issues of my work being illegally shared on various boards! I am moving as soon as I can to squash them. Your support in this is greatly appreciated!

And thank you for being patient for the last 10 days without any blog updates. I usually like to keep the "Release" announcement up for a week; but this time, it went a little longer due to ... you guessed it ... a serious flood of "real life work" and triple the normal stress that comes with it. It was a doosey of a week! And what timing, too! Had I waited just one more day to release issue 3, it would probably have not been released until tomorrow (10 days later)! I was just too overwhelmed.

But that workload is mostly done, and I am turning my sights on issue 4: "Your wish is by my command." I have worked on it a little this week, mainly reviewing the script, rewriting sections, reworking the page planning thumbnails, and adding 2 more pages. I decided to make all issues in this series 2 more pages than normal, at 18 pages each!

I will now be continuing the planning of the full issue, and then on to the pencil drawing of each page. After every 4 or so pages, I will post an update (as usual) on how that stage is coming along. Then, when that is done, it will be back to the page-by-page updates as they are inked, colored, and completed.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, thank YOU, BA :)

Anonymous said...

Hey BA, I hope RL work isn't too hard, and you get back into GrOw soon.
-Potato

Bleu_Artiste said...

Maybe it's just me, but I was waiting patiently.

After all, I waited 5 years for your first Grow comic.

Though in the next comic, I've never really been a big fan of MG. I'm like your basic skeptic: prove it to me.

Anonymous said...

Although BA's already got the story drafted and it ain't changing, I think you could have your cake and eat it too with FMG if the growth is slow and spread across the issue. That way, there's light FMG initially that non-FMG fans can enjoy, while those who do like FMG get their extreme growth at the end.
I thought that the latest issue dived into the growth and then sort of stopped growing and enjoyed the results for a few pages. So who knows.
- Potato

Anonymous said...

Every issue has been dedicated to a specific fetish. Non-FMG fans aren’t going to like a FMG related issue no matter what so why not just make an issue fans would love rather than taking the middle ground and having something nobody likes.
There isn’t much FMG content out there and with BA art skills the next issue can be the best FMG comic ever made.

BustArtist said...

It is interesting the wide range of requests on this one — from "go nuts" to "be subtle". It will be hard to please everyone, but, as in other issues, you can take a growth sequence to the panel which marks your "target" and stop there.

However, on the other hand, non-fans of FMG may have not noticed that MaryBeth has not "left the stage" as previous girls have, and is in no real shape to do so. Check the "themes" for issue 4 again at the end of any released issue. ;D

Bleu_Artiste said...

BA- I'm currently anticipating something that goes way beyond the menage trois of H2Grow at the moment.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, Lynn is the wild card of this whole thing.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, Lactation is still in Issue 4. Along with BE, FMG, Mini GTS, PE & Clothes Ripping.
I had assumed that at some point Jon was going to get marched into an empty bedroom for an issue. But if Marybeth stays where she is and is featured in issue 4, then it looks like the action will stay in the corridor for now (Perhaps issue 5 will be in Kara & Jeanette's dorm room?)
The more I think about it, anything could happen.
-Potato

Anonymous said...

Oh, and Bleu Artist, I dunno about going beyond the H2GrOw menage trois with Kara stuck in the bathroom, Jeanette collapsed, too big to get very far and Marybeth trapped under her own milkers.
Maybe an unscheduled epilogue like in An Inconvenient Growth could, ahem, expand, on your idea.
-Potato

Anonymous said...

How's RL work affecting progress atm BA?

BustArtist said...

Mums the word on the speculation. ;D

Anonymous#3: check out the newest post for updates!

Anonymous said...

We should thank you for this masterpiece!