Monday, August 2, 2010

GC#4, issue 3: pencils complete!

I just finished drawing the last page of issue 3! Now, it's on to scan the pencil sketches, and use them to ink and color the final pages. I have to scan each page twice as the over-sized page I draw on won't fit on the scanner bed in one pass. After that, I have to stitch the two together, and make any digital edits (moving a character in a frame, zooming in or out, adjusting a line, etc), which is much faster than erasing the drawing and redoing it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the sketching takes no time at all. Tally ho!

other290 said...

Can't to see the whole issue as always! The new issue's story looks like fun - the added detail looks great. Hoping for decades more of your work (BE & RL work) - three cheers for BA & Juliekat!

Anonymous said...

great im excited to see how fast this one is moving!!!!

BustArtist said...

If I have an open day, I can get anywhere from 5-7 pages per day done in the pencil sketch stage. If I am juggling other projects, maybe 2. I was able to really make serious progress during the current lull in "RL" work.