Thursday, July 29, 2010

Work on GC#4, issue 3 has begun!

I usually leave the "new issue" announcement up for at least a week, to make sure everyone knows it has been made available. A lot of times during that week, work doesn't start on the following issue as I focus on fulfilling orders, answering email concerns and kudos, posting and responding to forum posts on the newest issue, and the like. However, this week, while doing all of that, I was busy at work on the next issue. So far, I have made some text rewrites, added 2 more pages (bringing issue 3 up to the 18 pages that have made up the first 2 issues, which is 2 more than usual), and I have spent hours pencil drawing the first 11 of 18 pages, 6 of which I did today alone! I've made great progress in this first week, post issue 2. Some things are brewing down the line that may slow this speed, but I hope it won't be too much. I will keep you informed. For now, enjoy the rough preview of the first pencil sketch of issue 3.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you're back in the swing of things BA. Chip chip chip, again.
-Potato

Anonymous said...

great to see an update on the progress. i love your stuff and appreciate all the hard work you put into it. first day purchase as always!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Great progress BA!

Anonymous said...

and now the waiting begins for the next issue! these comics really are a labor of love, it's apparent in the detail of the artwork. can't tell you enough how much i enjoy your style:)

Anonymous said...

Remind me again, the pencil sketch previews are not in any particular order?

Anonymous said...

Yeeee ha, Marybeth!

BustArtist said...

Thanks for the all the comments! I'm glad everyone likes all the work that I put into these issues, as it IS a lot. But I do like creating them, and all your support by purchasing these issues, and emailing me when you find it being pirated, really helps me to continue to produce them. As long as that is the case, I plan to make "grOw" for years — nay, decades – to come!

@Anonymous #5 : I just show a few sketches so that there is a preview for the latest update. I choose 1 or 2 that give a feel for the issue in no particular order.