Monday, July 19, 2010

GC#4, page 36 completed!

Yes, the final page of issue 2 has been completed — page 36! All that is left now is to draw and color the cover for issue 3, which will appear at the end of issue 2 as a sneak preview of the upcoming chapter. After that, I just have to have a final proofreading of issue 2, creation of the PDF, and uploading to the store! I will post when the cover for issue 3 is complete (but I will not be showing a preview, or it will give away too much too soon). Then, the next update will be announcing the release! Thanks for all the comments and close following of this issue. I am glad everyone is so excited for this newest installment.

On a side, personal note: I went and saw "Inception" this weekend. Wow! What a trip! Loved it. I mention this as grOw/cOmic#4 too, in some ways, will mimic the movie in how the explanation of the plot will not always be in a linear fashion as you normally expect. That, and it was just a cool movie! ;D

8 comments:

Bleu_Artiste said...

Non-linear mind-f***ing?

I've been thinking the same thing with my own project...do I dare go that far?

BustArtist said...

OK, I wouldn't say "mind-f***king" for this one, but if it all went linearly, the plot would have already been explained completely between pages 5 and 6 of issue 1.
:)

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you're done. Will be purchasing on the day it's out. Inception was awesome too. Great storytelling and awesome premise!

Anonymous said...

Need... time... machine..., now!

Seriously I think there are like thousands of people checking every minute of the day if you released the issue...

BustArtist said...

ThousandS would be very nice! It would help support grOw even more so! :)
Actually, based on my StatCounter code, for the last week, there are about 900-1100 page hits a day, and when you subtract return visitors (within 1 hour), it is about 675-750. If people are coming back after 1 hour, it could be as low as half that.

Anonymous said...

Can't hardly wait BA! I am very very excited to say the least.

And regards to my last comment about the other males in GrOw4, it hit me that all of them (except Jon) would've been sent away when the party got crashed. So looks like it's just Jon on this one :D
-Potato

A Dedicated Fan said...

So...... Firstly, congrats on yet another completion of awesome work!
And, secondly, when do you ESTIMATE the release COULD be, if all things go according to plan?

Anonymous said...

too happy !
i agree with that :"Need... time... machine..., now!

Seriously I think there are like thousands of people checking every minute of the day if you released the issue..."