Tuesday, July 20, 2010

gC#4, issue 2 completed. To be released soon!

I finished the cover of issue 3 which will appear at the end of the soon-to-be-released issue 2. My wife, Juliekat, has completed the proofreading, and I have made the needed corrections. The PDF is nearly done, and I will be taking a last minute read through.

However, today turned into an unexpected crazy "real life" work day, and seriously delayed what I had hoped to be the release day (today)! I still have to set-up the store and finalize the PDF. I doubt that will happen tonight, as I have other responsibilities I have to attend to. I hope to have a release by Wednesday! It's too bad, though, as today would have been a great day for a release, as it was my birthday! :)

[Edit: You can get some sleep. Don't look for a release tonight. I have more to do on the issue than I have energy right now. And thanks for all the birthday wishes!]

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday BA!
And many more to come
-Potato

Darkultima88 said...

Happy Birthday BA I love your work i can't wait

Bleu_Artiste said...

Happy Birthday!

Maybe next one I'll draw you a gift.

Actually, when is the 5th anniv of the site? I could do a piece for that in the future.

PhoenixtheII said...

Happy birthday! :P

I'm still like checking every hour if this thing is released. I can't wait that much anymore lol...

bigpanda took a bow and said...

......and many more!!!!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! we share the same date of birth!

BustArtist said...

Thanks for ALL the birthday wishes!!

@Ralph: get some sleep tonight. I have more to do than I have the energy for. Hopefully Wednesday!

@Bleu_Artist: you'd better get cracking! The 5 year anniversary is in 10 days!! (July 30, 2005, "grOw/cOmic#1, Milk Farm" was released). ;D

@Anonymous#4: Same date? Cool! I always remember since it's the same date (not year) that man walked on the moon! :) (July 20, 1969).

other290 said...

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y !!
Will keep checking back!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday BA! Can't wait for the next issue of GROW!

Dane Beninger said...

Can't wait to read the finalized project - I've been waiting for so long!!

Oh yeah! Happy birthday dude! :-)

Gojira said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on completing the comic and happy birthday. Can't wait :)

n01 in particular.

A Dedicated Fan said...

A MOST Happy and Awesome birthday wish for you! I hope you have a great day... and many more that follow!

Anonymous said...

i wish you a happy birthday even if i'am late at it

BustArtist said...

Again, THANKS for all the new b-day wishes! :)

@Dane: You are correct, it's been long. One of the longest time periods between issues, unfortunately. I hope this doesn't happen again, but there is no telling when "RL" work comes a knocking for a freelance graphic designer like myself. Thanks for your patience!

Hope everyone enjoys the new issue! It has JUST been released!

Bleu_Artiste said...

Hmmm, clock is ticking?

I think I'll take a rain-check.

Besides, I'm already 2 years behind on a prize/request from one guy on DA.

I have had some ideas in mind for some BE artwork. Part of my crazed psyche thinks I need to diversify a bit...but it's just hard to find something that would be unique.

I think I may have one story, with BE being experienced from 3 different perspectives: confusing for one, excitement for another, and annoying for a third.