Saturday, November 29, 2014

grOw/cOmic#6, page 8 completed!

Better late than never. I actually finished this up yesterday, but forgot to post.  Took a day off to celebrate the U.S. holiday Thanksgiving with family, but got right back to work on Friday. Another detailed page, this one took the bulk of two days to finish. I also took the time to "fine tune" a few items: adjusted the new word balloon style I am using in this series; and reworking the layout of four upcoming pages. Some were too crowded (7 panels) after following a sparse page of only (3 panels). Sometimes, both these layouts work, depending on the action. But this time, they didn't. I reworked the pages so that 1 panel was moved to the sparse page (making it 4), and the other had an extra one combined with another (leaving 5, including the 1 moved). In addition, I resized some of the action, making it larger. I love Photoshop for giving me the ability to do this, without having to redraw the page.

Enjoy the preview! Things are starting to take off now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, only 8 pages in and things are already getting interesting. How will you, ahem, grow this to cover one hundred pages?!

Anonymous said...

Woo! Firming up nicely! ;)

BustArtist said...

To cover 100+ pages is where the "plot" comes in! :) There will be BE throughout the series. With plenty of women to have affected. ;)