Friday, November 7, 2014

grOw/cOmic#6, page 1 completed!

I know it's been a while since the last blog update, but rest assured, I have been working diligently on the newest grOw/cOmic.  Since the last blog entry from 3 weeks ago, I had taken off 1 full week for an out-of-state family wedding, but the returned and immediately dove back into the work on the issue.

Since my last post, I have complete the pencil drawings for the rest of issue 1 (pages 8 through 18) of the new grOw/cOmic series (#6) which will be called "Milking the Plot". Chapter 1 is titled "MacGuffin" (odd, I know, but you will need to know the storyline to figure this one out). I also had more rendering and background setting up for issue 1, which I completed as well. 

I then went on to ink and paint page 1. It's really nice to finally get to this stage after all the prep work that led to this point. This page, as you saw in the pencil previews a few posts back, was quite detailed with a lot of people and numerous faces — all of which adds time. In addition, as you can see by the color preview, I had to deal with some lighting effects.  All in all, this new series is really turning out great!

Enjoy the preview!  It's on to page 2 come Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome BA, glad your back on inking!

Anonymous said...

I have a strong feeling this will somehow link in with Milk Farm of issue 1. And I am so excited about that possibility.