Thursday, July 24, 2014

grOw/stOry#18 hits slight delay, but hope to resume soon

Unfortunately, a few days after getting my computer back, it started in with the same issues as before — small multi-color squares appearing on the screen, sometimes the screen going dark, and sometimes the video just locking up. Why they originally only replaced the power supply, I don't know.  So, I had to bring it back in again.  The tech this time was surprised at the original diagnosis and said its obviously the video card (to which I agree... makes sense). Because of the misdiagnosis the first time, and the fact that I had to come back in, the video card repair will be FREE!  Whoo hoo!  

Anyway, before I brought my computer back in, I was able to complete illustrations 3-5. As soon as I get my computer back, I will be off and running on the rest (hopefully, by Monday of next week).

But, in the meantime, I was able to borrow my wife's computer and use it to continue work on the text layout and typesetting, as well as the website updates for the release. I am trying not to lose any time on work that needs to be done anyway.

No comments: