Friday, July 26, 2013

grOw/cOmic#5, page 92 completed!

By finishing page 92, I have now passed the 75% mark towards the completion of issue 5 of grOw/cOmic#5, "grOwing Appreciation"!  This was a very detailed page that pushed me into new areas of effects and coloring. I think it turned out great! With only half the day gone, I will now have the other half to get a good jump on the next page, which is also a very detailed one filled with lighting, effects, and special features. As for the preview, you will notice it is more vague than previous ones. This will continue as these last few pages are the end of the issue and the series. As I have done for previous issues, the final previews are less revealing so as not to give too much away.

You may have wondered at the speed I have been able to produce the last few pages. Though you can't see the full detail of each page (yet), I have been able to do much more in less time than usual, as well as put some more details with greater ease. How? Well, in talking to a friend who is also a graphic designer, I mentioned my goal of obtaining a Wacom Cintiq screen. He said, "Oh, yeah!  Those! Really cool. I picked one up a little while back." When my jaw dropped and I asked him why didn't he tell me before, he replied "You didn't ask." After some prodding, and him admitting that we didn't have any current jobs that required him to use it, he lent it to me to try. Needless to say, I did more than try, I USED! This thing is awesome! And, even better, my hand/wrist/arm fatigue is noticeably retreating! Hopefully, I can convince him to let me continue using it for my "current project that is on a strict deadline" (wink wink). After issue 5 is released, I will renew my efforts to complete my Cintiq Fundraiser so that I can purchase one of these beauties.

As for issue 5, due to the above, I think you may notice an uptick in the art!

2 comments:

PhoenixtheII said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

To quote an old movie "get a wet suit and a flashlight"