Wednesday, March 27, 2013

grOw/cOmic#5, page 73 completed!

OK, as I claw my way back to the living, I can announce that I just finished page 73, leaving just 2 pages to go to the end of issue 4. What was I clawing my way back from? A real, nasty flu and fever that knocked me out for a good 6 days.  Ugh!  And I even had gotten my flu shot at the beginning of the season! Good thing I did, too, or else it would have been even worse. I think today was the first time I felt like myself in a week (and still only at about 90% capacity). It felt good to be back in the saddle again, though five days of laying about and watching TV gave me some much needed rest — mentally and my arm/wrist which was getting fatigued from all the work I've been doing lately.

Hang in there!  We are getting closer to the end!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better BA. Those multiple days of being sick really to drain you. Comic is shaping out and filling out nicely if you know what I mean.

other290 said...

Hell of a way to get a dental exam, gald to hear RL is getting better for you. Don't over do it - I'm already sold!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're over the flu. One thing people don't seem to get though, the flu shot only covers you against very specific strains of flu, if you end up still getting it then you got a different strain, the shot doesn't make any difference at this point. The only way to protect yourself generally is to take something that boosts your immune system, then when you do get it you respond more quickly and it doesn't take hold as badly.

BustArtist said...

Thanks all. Yeah, it was a hell of a ride. Still actually a bit weak, too -- especially after a long day. All in all, it actually could have been worse! I didn't break 101 fever, and I had no nausea.