Wednesday, May 9, 2012

GC#5, issue 2 pencils two-thirds done!

For the last week or so, I have been working hard at pencil drawing issue 2 of the grOw/cOmic#5 series. Chapter 2 will be titled, "Big Screen Premiere!"
and feature: miniGTS (<20'), BE (huge), AssE, clothes ripping, sitting, sexual situations (mF). 

I had hoped to be further along in terms of page count; however, looking back at how much work I had to do to get to this point, I am not disappointed. This issue so far has some of the most detailed and "background interactive" drawing so far. Between the characters  engaging with the background, or dramatic angles and "camera work", I've had to do some serious planning before hitting pencil to paper. I've also had to set-up and render the backgrounds to almost 75% of the panels before I drew anything, so that the camera angles would come out correct. This amount of background pre-rendering is more than any other grOw/cOmic I've done!

Six more pages to go, and then it will be time for ink and paint! And then, the full-color previews will begin again in my blog!  Enjoy the pencil preview for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great angle :D

BustArtist said...

Thanks! I made a very conscious effort to use "camera angles" effectively in this one.