Thursday, March 1, 2012

grOw/cOmic #5, iss. 1 pencils half done!

I've made great progress on the pencil drawings of the first issue of grOw/cOmic#5, "grOwing Appreciation".  In the last few days, I was able to complete 9 out of the 18 pages for issue 1.




I have been forcing myself to slow down more during this stage, and spend more time working up the details, especially when it comes to faces and expressions. I have been very pleased with the results, so far! Previously, I would sometimes rough out these features in pencil form, and not develop them until the ink stage. However, sometimes this doesn't work out as well, since the ink stage involves a Wacom Intuos3 tablet, and the drawings are done in good ol' fashioned pencil. I feel a much stronger connection with pencil, being able to watch the pencil tip move across the paper with my hand, something not possible with a tablet. Now, if I could afford a Wacom Cintiq, that would be a different story!  :D


 When all 18 penciled pages are completed, I will begin the ink and painting stage, which will result in page-by-page previews being posted here until the issue is released. Hopefully, the next few days will give me the opportunity to finish the second half, so that coloring can begin as early as next week.  For now, here is a pencil preview from issue 1.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

other290 said...

Can't wait to see the new issue, how is the story rewrite going?