Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene

As I watch the trees sway, we await the full landfall of Hurricane Irene here on Long Island, NY. Luckily, the storm has seemed to have diminished significantly from original predictions (quite normal, as hurricanes can be quite unpredictable). 

I fully expect to lose power at any time, as 1/4 of Long Island residents already have. I may not be able to respond to any emails or order problems for the next few days.  I am not ignoring you, just unable to respond.  :)

(FYI -- 2 pages of the next grOw/stOry have been completed!  I would have had 1 or 2 more, but I was preparing for Irene.)

Update, 9/1/11:  All is fine. Fared better than most in the area and NE. Just some clean-up and minor power flickers. Those were some wild winds, though!

3 comments:

mrkidmanga said...

Hope you are ok and dont lose power,

other290 said...

Hope you & your family are ok

BustArtist said...

Hi All --- Doing good! Actually luckier than most in the tri-state area and New England. Lost power only for a few minutes (some family only just got theirs back yesterday... 4 days later). Some branch clean-up, but no fallen trees or major damage!