Wednesday, November 17, 2010

GC#4, page 62 complete — finally.

Whew! Page 62, a multi-panel, heavily detailed page, is finally complete. I mentioned before how the number of panels, including the number of faces, can slow down production due to the exact nature of the details involved. Well, add to that mixture the details of FMG, and I've got a page that took quite a bit of work to complete.

Someone asked in the previous post "How much more detail is there in drawing the muscles compared to a regular girl, BA?" Well, depending on the content of the panel of course, I would say anywhere from 4 to 10+ times as much. Imagine the shading of a "normal" arm is just like shading a couple of ball shapes. You have the highlight, the middle shadows defining the shape and some deeper shadows to give true depth. The typical arm may have 3-4 elongated ball shapes — the shoulder, the soft bicep, and the forearm. Now, look at the last 2 previews, and see the number of "ball" shapes that make up the details of the muscles. Whew!

So, as I move forward, thank you for your patience in waiting for this issue — it is definitely taking a lot more work than usual. In the meantime, enjoy the latest preview!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wicked ! im really looking forward to this issue because of the FMG, you have done an amazing job! :)

~Kidmanga86~

Silverfox said...

I'm liking the giant breasts in the background.

Anonymous said...

i always start out my day by checking to see if there are any updates. its always an awesome feeling to see that there is.

intangir said...

Whoa, it looks like Marybeth is going to have some competition in the ass department!

Nifty observation about the added detailing needed for hypermuscular women. That's part of the attraction for me. A more normal female physique has fewer curved sections. A muscular woman on the other hand, has a far richer landscape of bountiful curves and undulations. There's just so much more to apply dramatic shading and lighting highlights to! And what's more, when she moves, they shift in beautifully complex ways!

Anonymous said...

I remember BA did a B&W pencil comic years ago, that's on his Bearchive website, where the girl's vagina grew. I wonder if Claudette will have to do so as well.

Anonymous said...

Are you gunna advertise this anywhere BA? Like, post on some Giantess forums because a lot of people would like this but wouldn't know about your regular work.

Anonymous said...

The extra detail must be slowing BA down a lot.

BustArtist said...

Kidmange86, intangir: Thanks! Coming from those who are really into FMG, your comments tell me I must be doing something right. ;D

Silverfox: Oh yeah. She's still there.

Anonymous#2: Sorry they haven't been as often recently (see below).

Anonymous#3: Old comic, that was. I've been mulling that over, but not necessarily for Claudine.

Anonymous#4: I will be posting to Giantess City at least. That's the one I am familiar with. And, on the Process in the Growth forum. Know of any other good ones?

Anonymous#5: Detail: yes. But not the only thing. The page I am currently working on is not as detailed as page 62. The detail is taking longer, but this past week has also been hell -- "real life" work, especially before such a big holiday, has been coming at me fast and furious. I've only been able to put in part of one afternoon working on the newest page since the last update. On top of that, I had to put in 7 #!&#$&* hours today just troubleshooting my email system that had a serious bug up its ass, bringing it to a halt. (I *NEED* email communication for my work, as well as the preservation of the 26,000 emails from the last 4 years.)
Right now, page 63 is inked and flat-colored. I put a little time aside purely for painting and effects tomorrow. Hopefully, I will get the page done by end of day. No promises at this time though. The way things have been going, there's no telling what may happen.

Anonymous said...

The email problems suck BA, hope they resolve soon. Push on with the RL stuff, hopefully it means more money which means more time for GrOw :) Keep up the hard work!
-Potato

Anonymous said...

نحن مجموعة من المتطوعين وبدء مبادرة جديدة العلامة التجارية في المجتمع. زودت مدونتك الإلكترونية لنا معلومات قيمة للعمل بها. لقد قمتم بعمل رائع!