Friday, November 5, 2010

GC#4, page 59 complete!

Yep, page 59 was another one of those pages that I really didn't think I would get done in the day I had hoped, only to surprise myself when, suddenly, I realized I was flattening the Photoshop file into a single image and cropping it for the blog. :D This page, as you can see by the preview, took extra time due to the detail involved in "sculpting" the characters. As part of a "growth sequence", there was more than one image like this. Enjoy!

(5 pages down, 13 to go!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.o holy moly, this is looking good!

And loving the transparent white shirt even more now :D

Anonymous said...

The sculpting looks great BA, gives real body to the image.
-Potato

other290 said...

Previews look great, looks like the research is paying off.

Anonymous said...

I've been looking forward to this issue and these previews are just adding to it. CAN'T WAIT

Anonymous said...

Actually, how are you achieving that sculpted look BA? Maybe it's a placebo effect but in that preview at least, Claudine's figure seems more, substantial, fuller, has more body, then anything else you've drawn.
Are you drawing anything differently, *besides* making her more muscular?
-Potato

Anonymous said...

I really hope she gets really huge and muscular and busty with a nice full shelf!

Anonymous said...

i think i am looking forward this one even more than the others

BustArtist said...

Thanks for the excited comments, all!

other290: Yes, I found some great reference material for this issue! :D

Potato: I can't really say any one thing has changed to give it the more "substantial" body you see. It could be just practice in shading paying off. Or, it could be the added "curves" of the musculature is allow the more use of contour line and reflective highlights, adding to a more "full depth" in figures.