Thursday, March 11, 2010

CG#4: another day, another page (p.11) complete!

I made excellent progress today, finishing an entire page in 1 day (page 11 of 18). That's a lot of work, but I was able to accomplish it due to a slow work schedule (good for grOw, bad for the wallet). I used some depth of field on this page to add some focus, and I like the results. I also discovered the command in SketchUp that adjusts the Field of View (a.k.a. the lens aperture), giving me better control over perspective. I was very happy discovering this, as it is now easier to match the backgrounds to my drawings and the required view for the scene. Enjoy the preview!

Also, I am including a "progress map" that visually shows what pages are complete, and what needs to be done for issue 1. "C1" is the cover for issue 1, and "C2" is the cover for the next issue, which I always try to show at the end as a preview of the next chapter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very quick indeed.
I hope that RL work doesn't drop off too much. As much as we'd all like to see more grOw comics, and as much as having less RL work makes them come quicker, you can't produce them without your job.
Godspeed Bust Artist.
-Potato

Anonymous said...

Not far now - let the boobage expansion begin!!

Can't wait to see it when it comes out!

BustArtist said...

@Potato: thanks!