Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year !

It's been a while since my last update, but its been a few weeks of time consuming endeavors and events. First, of course, was the typical holiday season — filled with fun, presents, family, and revelry. Then, we got hit with the worst of that East Coast snow storm — one that set an all-time record snow fall for Long Island, NY (in a single storm) at 27+ inches. Then, at year's end, when it was supposed to be slow between Christmas and New Years, all hell broke loose on my "real life" work front. Sometimes, I swear, all our clients get together, and plan to hit us simultaneously.

So what news on the "grOw" front? Well, due to all of the above, it is not as far along as I had hoped. I wanted to draw all during the last week of the year, getting at least 10 pages of pencil drawings done for the newest grOw/cOmic (#4). Alas, none of that happened. In fact, that may not happen until the mid-, or even end, of January. But it is too early to tell. A few projects coming down the pike are really set to eat up my time. But, as usual, when clients drag their feet, I have open spaces of time that I may be able to make some progress.

Not that no progress has been made. In the last few weeks, I refined the script for "grOw/cOmic#4", as well as planned out (in thumbnail sketch form) the first 4 issues (that's about 78 pages) of the 6-issue series — which is quite a bit of work, just nothing to show or preview just yet. At the beginning of any new series, this is quite typical.

So hang in there! I hope that 2010 will be a year of more new releases than 2009 (which had 5 releases; 2008 had 7 releases).

7 comments:

Phoenix_the_II said...

Will there be GTS content in this one? :) Certainly hope so :D

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays man, sucks about the clients. Looking forward to your releases.

Denklaw said...

I have to second what Phoenix_the_II said! The GTS content in the first grOw comic was incredible, some of the finest I've ever seen! It also didn't overwhelm the BE aspect of the comic, it was a fantastic combo.

Can you give any hints as to what categories would be included? I'd have to say I'll be buying it anyway, your work is too good... but I'm really curious to know!

Happy new year, and all the best for 2010!

BustArtist said...

Thanks for the Happy Holidays!

As for the themes in grOw/cOmic#4 ("grOwing Desires"), I thought I had posted that already. I did a search, and I found it. But it was in a comment I wrote, so some may have missed it. (Sep 23, 2009 post).

"grOwing Desires" will be a multi-growth fetish cOmic. As of this time, there will be (to varying degrees) the following, subject to final revision of the story: BE (duh!), lactation, ass/hip-expansion (AE?), tall and mini-GTS, some FMG, PE -- this list of "growths" will be spread over multiple people.

I started the pencil drawing of page 1 today, but then got pulled away by deadlines. (grumble)

Anonymous said...

Got an update for us BA?

A Dedicated Fan said...

eerie silence......

BustArtist said...

Not eerie... just busy. :)

As mentioned in my last post, January would have me swamped with a number of other "real life" projects that would pull me away form grOw. That is now starting to subside. Check out the new post! (Jan 18)