Monday, June 29, 2009

So... .what's new?

Yes, I seemed to have been missing in action for the last 3 weeks, but there has been some progress on the next project. Most of my time has been working the site after the last grOw/stOry release (the site is at its busiest for the first 2 weeks after a new release), as well as a very busy "real life" work schedule. Learning CSS (self-taught) in less than 2 months for a real website design project, especially when I am not a "programmer", is a draining experience.

So, what is new on the "BA" front? I have been working with a known BE writer to revamp the next grOw/stOry (#11). The next release will be a reworking of the former E.L. Publications story "Big Boob Clinic." Renamed to "The B.E. InsTITute," this updated stOry is 80% rewritten, and is nearly 75% longer than the original ! The results are fantastic. I think you will all really like the newly revamped story.

I have had the pleasure to work with Mr. B, a BE writer who is known for stories such as "Bit By The Bug," "Volunteers," "Overkill," and one of my favorites, "Growing Like a Weed." This later work was the inspiration for my morph-story "FanTITy" #23, by the same name. Mr. B has a great grasp of characters, storyline, plots and twists, and a good sense of a well-written paragraph!

The stOry has been completed, and I spent today planning out the illustrations. Depending on my "real life" workload, I am hoping to have it finished before the end of July (knock on wood).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a lot of work put into one story BA! Would I be correct in assuming that the original story (and the original illustrations) will be uploaded as well when your finished product goes on sale?

Geoffk said...

Awesome! Mr. B is one of my favorite BE authors and I'm sure that this will be great.

Next time you see him, tell him to finish his story "Family Farm" (from 1999). I really wanted to see that one continued...

PhoenixtheII said...

CSS...

http://www.reinasugiyama.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/css_is_awesome_mug-p168716435071981928qzbf_400.jpg

nuff said :D

other290 said...

Can't wait for the end of July for the next installment. Hope you got to enjoy the 4th & hope work is steady.

BustArtist said...

Since there is so much rewritten in the stOry, yes, I will include the original unedited version of the story in the appendix -- along with the original illustrations as I always have.

Ralph: good one! that's exactly right!

Geoffk: Mr. B has a great care and craft to his stories that I've always liked, in the writing, the storyline and respect to the characters.

other290: thanks! 4th was good!