Monday, October 19, 2015

grow/cOmic#6, issue 5 work begins!

For the past 2 weeks, since the release of issue 4, I have been working on getting ready to launch into the production of issue 5, titled "The Plot Revealed." This gearing up included a lot things: 
  1. Clearing my plate of "real life' work projects I had put off to get issue 4 out as soon as possible.
  2. Recrafting and writing more storyline so as to add more chapters. I was able to add 2 more for a total of 8! I had to do this before working on issue 5 to make sure the story stayed consistent with the new ideas for chapters 6 and 7. This included a slight rewrite of the ending of issue 5. While chapters 7 and 8 are not completely written yet, I have a good outline for them. I will be finishing up the writing for the last chapters between now and when I begin work on issue 6. When all is said and done, this series will wind up having between 144-150 pages in total!
  3. Setting up Poser and Shade3D backgrounds for issue 5. Before drawing some of the scenes, I need to make sure I match my characters to the 3D background. Because of this, I stick a simple Poser figure in the 3D background and use it as a proportional model to draw the final figures from so that they meld with the scene.
  4. And finally, beginning the actual drawing of issue 5. I have completed 2 pages and a small start on page 3 (page 77 of the series).  When I get more done, I will be posting a few pencil previews.
 

No comments: