Tuesday, August 4, 2015

grOw/cOmic#6, page 58 completed!

It took a little extra time, but I was finally able to finish page 58. It was a busy page, with overlapping characters and some depth of field effects as well as aligning characters to the 3D-rendered background. I had gotten very close to finishing it yesterday, but I lost a little time in the morning to other stuff (*see below) and wound up running out of time.

(*Sometimes, if I was so close to finishing a page by the end of the "work day", I would stay longer [sometimes 1 or 2 hours] to finish it up. But, over the last few weeks, I've been avoiding doing that on some days [but not all]. On the evenings that I would end "on time", I would then head out and walk. I don't mean slow strolling, but fast-paced power walking. In the last 8 weeks, I've walked 62.5 miles (100 km for the non-US reader)! Each day I walked, I traveled between 2.5 to 3.5 miles in the beginning, and 3.5 to 5.5 miles in the last few weeks per day. And, in those 2 months, I've lost 10 lbs. (4.5 kg for the non-US reader). And I'm feeling great! I'm looking to lose another 10-15 lbs over the next few months and I'm ready to achieve this goal! Plus, my sitting so long in front of the computer working on grOw and my other "RL" work had an adverse affect on my blood pressure [from lack of activity]. It had risen to an unhealthy peak of 140/90 about 6 months ago.  Since that time, I've gotten it back down to an awesome 124/68 !  "The morning stuff" I mentioned above was that I had decided to do my walk in the morning because the weather was promising to be very hot in the afternoon with high humidity... not great physical activity weather.)

But now that this is posted, I'm off for a walk! ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling healthier and doing well. Shit! Feeona looks Huge! And she's due to get even bigger in this issue!

I can't wait!

RC said...

It's hard sometimes to remember to take of ourselves when we're passionate about the work we're doing. Glad to hear you're doing better and taking better care of yourself. I think everyone would agree we'd rather wait a couple extra days than for something negative happen to you. All the best. Can't wait for more.

Anonymous said...

I told you on Twitter that i couldn't reach the store. The problem persist. Have tried at many times now to reach it. Says the server is not responding.

BustArtist said...

Anon1: Thanks! And yes, things are starting to get ... interesting in the size department. ;)

RC: You know it. You get sucked into the work, and then next thing you know, it's 2 hours past supper! ;-)

Anon2: I saw your tweat, and responded. No errors that I see on this end. I am accessing the site with no problem. Send an email to help@bustartist.com for better/quicker responses to figure this out.