Thursday, December 4, 2014

grOw/cOmic#6, page 10 completed!

Having completed page 9 yesterday early, I was able to get a great start on page 10, which, in turn, allowed me to complete it in just one day after releasing the last preview. 

The great thing about doing comics digitally is the ability to change layouts easily without having to redraw a page. After looking at the original pencil drawing, I can decide to change the layout slightly, enlarging the figures in some, moving figures within a frame in another, as well as adjusting the frames themselves. This was one of those pages (I had also taken the time to "adjust" 4 other pages that I have yet to ink and paint.) I like the new layouts so much more. I take time to review each page's layout as a whole after everything is drawn. This allows me to make these adjustments for better flow or impact that is not always apparent when I am drawing each panel individually. And sometimes, after a few days, I may no longer like a layout exactly as it was, and can then make some adjustments to bring it to a higher level.

8 comments:

jayessell said...

The bridge between the left and right sides of the
skintight shirt reminds me of the supersuits worn
by the female X-Men in the late 90s.

Without that it would look as if they were
vacuum sealed in their costumes, and the
former Comics Code would frown on their
shenanigans.

other290 said...

Can't wait to see the issue - can't wait for the growth scenes. Glad the new tools are helping produce/develop the story line. Hope RL work is going well too.

Anonymous said...

BA, that looks soooooo amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Goddammit BA, you're work just keeps getting better, and coming out faster too! The way the material stretches and catches the light it's just phenomenal

Anonymous said...

Always good arts. Is this grow will have "bigger ending than the older one? ;)
thanks

Anonymous said...

Looking like your finding a way for them girls to pull a sexy pose that's natural to the plot, bravo!

BustArtist said...

jayessell: Yep! Gotta' have that "bridge". It's more realistic that the "vacuum seal", and thus, more sexy, IMHO.

other290: Thanks! RL and grOw are keeping me VERY busy! :) This series starts with growth scenes in issue 1... for a number of girls.

Anon1: Thanks! Glad you like it so much!

Anon2: Each new project, I get to refine my craft -- glad you noticed! :) The new Wacom Cintiq has seriously helped as well, making it a much more "natural" way to color and ink.

Anon3: not to give anything away, but... a sequel must out-do it's original.

Anon4: the sexiest poses are the ones that ARE natural, IMHO. :)

Anonymous said...

BA, I just can't get over how hawt this shot is, more like it plz!!