Thursday, January 13, 2011

Finally, GC#4, page 71 complete!

I was finally able to complete page 71, the next to last page of the issue. This page was a real heavy duty page with all sorts of details and effects — at this point, the detail to the FMG is in the "very high" range to get the effect of size, still more liquids (milk, sweat), as well as a number of focal effects to drive the point home (i.e. blurs and depth of field). On top of all this, I had taken time to re-do the layout of this page. The original concept seemed too "flat" and undramatic for a page that is next to last. I combined panels and text to get it down to 4 panels from 5, and drew a new panel that is a kind of "one more fan service nod" to the FMG chapter. :)

With this page done, we only have one more page and the cover for issue 5 to go! The good news is that the last page is not so full of the details that page 71 was. That is not to say that this last page is not a "bombshell." Also, I still have to (pencil) draw the cover, including on deciding what exactly I am going to show. I will have to review the script to issue 5 on this.

Once that is done, it's proofreading (and any needed changes), creating the PDF, setting up the store and we are go for launch!

9 comments:

other290 said...

Was hoping to see the next issue this weekend - Can't wait to see the final product. Hope RL work and the snow is cooperating. And as always, a special thank you to Juilekat for proofreading!

Anonymous said...

At first I thought the black detail effects were hair, not a good look, especially for FMG :O
But it's just growth effect (?)

Anonymous said...

I have no idea whats going on in this preview, but i'm still excited!

Anonymous said...

WOW! so much growth... :)!!!
i like the blur effect around the body, you have done to show the growth ;)

-Kidmanga

Anonymous said...

Wow, if I thought the last preview was confusing, this one is really dumbfounding.
Although I agree with the second comment, I thought the black stuff, when I first loaded the blog page, was hair. When I clicked onto the preview it was clear that it was growth effect.
Having effect that shows the muscles flexing and growing is, if I may say so, really really cool. I like it better then the blurry skin colour overlay often used. But the shape is a bit spikey and sharp, and can look a bit like hairs standing on end.
BA, would you consider using a different pattern to depict the growth and flexing? Something like waves or ripples of that black effect?
I really shouldn't judge not having seen the final product, but I really like the preview and its effect. I just wonder if the shape of it could be, *ahem*, tweaked.
-Potato

Anonymous said...

if i could please request more ass expansion and breast expansion that causes orgasmic pleasure, thanks. Great Job!

Anonymous said...

i agree ass expansion is awesome! good call.

BustArtist said...

Boy, invite a little criticism and this is what you get. LOL, just kidding.

Actually, the fact that the whole image cannot be seen is part of the problem. However, just like the line in the movie "Inception" where they ask "If someone tells you not to think of pink elephants, what do you think of?". The answer, of course, is "Pink elephants." So, even though I thought the effect as a whole was good, I needed to change it a bit or everyone will think "hair" even if they didn't originally think so. :)

Now... forget you ever read this or the other comments on the "growth effect", so that you don't think of pink elephants and enjoy the page! ;D

As a last comment on the previews, I found it quite interesting some of the responses that said to the effect of "what they hell is it?" However, as I was cropping said preview, I kept thinking "geez, I'm showing too much." Ha! I guess it makes a difference when you "know". It's kind of like those stereoscopic images (which, by the way, I have a hard time with), where once you see it, it isn't difficult.

other290: Thanks. RL is doing just enough to be a pain in terms of "grOw". I just finished a huge project, so that will hopefully, give me more time for the next issue. Juliekat will be proofreading this weekend. :)

Ass expansion, eh? Hmm... I may be able to fit it in again in the next few issues. We'll see....

intangir said...

One more fan service nod to the FMG crowd? If I weren't already sold three times over on the ideas behind this issue, consider me sold!

The preview is tantalizing. I can't wait until you're done with this issue!