Thursday, November 5, 2009

grOw/stOry#12: Good things abound!

I just finished the 4th of 16 illustrations for the the next grOw/stOry! Again, that's 3 more than usual. Also, Mr. B. has just about wrapped up the rewrite, and I have to say, it is a good one! Not only that, but it is a good 50% longer than most stOries, and nearly twice as long as some of the shortest!

Another good thing is that today, I finished a huuuuge "real life work" project that has been going on for the last 6 months! Though I still have other projects in the works, now that this particular one is out of the way, I should have more time to devote to getting this stOry, and the next grOw/cOmic, out the door!

Enjoy the preview! You will notice it is the colored version of the pencil preview I posted back on October 23.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am VERY keen for this to come out. Can't hardly wait.

Anonymous said...

I posted this on your board but thought I'd bring it up here. When you finish this story and start doing the Comic, Growing Desires, would you consider releasing a special edition once all the issues are finished that is just the images by themselves (no text or other images from other panels on the page), with their associated pencil sketching(s) and perhaps some colouring in? It would really be good to appreciate the art.
- Potato

other290 said...

Can't wait to see the final result, the previews look great.

Anonymous said...

Looks great. Keep it up.

BustArtist said...

Thanks, everyone, for the kudos. Hand in there. I know it's been one of the longest waits between releases, but this one should be worth the wait!

Potato: I will keep it in mind, but the way the pages are put together does not lend itself to that very well. Each comic page is put together as a whole: each panel is not a separate picture; and if word balloons and narrative boxes were removed, there would be nothing behind them in some cases.

Anonymous said...

Could it be an option to remove the balloons, boxes and some panel sides so you could fill in those blanks after you've finished, then sell it as a new issue?

Anonymous said...

Would you consider filling in these blanks behind the Text boxes etc. and releasing the issue as a bonus with the "complete set" or as a seperate issue (but maybe give a discount to those who already bought the full series.)?

-Potato

Anonymous said...

Aloha i am fresh to this. I came upon this chat board I have found It positively helpful & it has helped me out loads. I hope to give something back & aid other users like its helped me.

Cheers, See You Around

Anonymous said...

Greetings i am fresh on here, I hit upon this website I find It truly accommodating and it's helped me out loads. I hope to give something back and support other users like it has helped me.

Thank You, See Ya Later.