Wednesday, August 5, 2009

grOw/stOry #11 update #3

Thu Aug 13 update: some good news... my Host finally contacted me with apologies, and asked that I send them the file (again!), and they will upload quickly. Having just sent it, I am watching for the file to appear. I am hoping for it to be ready by the weekend.

Mon Aug 10 update: OK, it seems my Host is dragging ass right now. They haven't even responded to my email or tech support ticket yet. Hopefully, this will be rectified soon, and "The B.E. InsTITute" can be released.


grOw/stOry:

Well, it is finished! grOw/stOry#11 "The B.E. InsTITute" has been sent to my host for uploading to my site. Hopefully, I will be able to release this newest addition to the grOw/stOry series either on Saturday, Aug 8th or Monday Aug 10th. I will be away Aug 6-7, so if they upload it sooner, I will not be able to release the issue until Saturday.

My health issue:
Right now, it seems "very good". However, 12 days ago it didn't seem that way. Let's just say that the "episodes", plus my struggling with higher cholesterol and my family medical history, were enough for my doctor to send me to a cardiologist, who performed 2 EKGs, an echocardiogram, a carotid artery sonogram, and an exercise stress test. The good thing is that they all came back negative for anything bad. Whew!!!!!! As the taxi driver said to me who took me to the Cardiac Center, "you look a little young to be going to this place." I am... or at least, I should be! :) So for now, I continue to wear an EKG event monitor in case an episode should repeat itself. But currently, it is looking like it was a severe bodily reaction to consistent, long term, and overwhelming stress. I guess my brain is better at handling stress than my body. :) Time for me to get back to my 2.5 mile walks!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself BustArtist. You are a great talent. All my best.

A Dedicated Fan said...

1. I am glad it came out NEGATIVE.
2. Work on that stress thing... I read these AWESOME grOw stories... Oh, that's right... Well.. work on that stress thing.
HAHAHAHA
Seriously, I am glad that all is going better and the fact that the tests came back negative, should have lowered the stress some by that news alone. Looking forward to the purchase!

Anonymous said...

Hope u feel better man. You're a great artist.

Anonymous said...

can,t wait for it to appear in the store this is one may fav stories

DevonCory said...

Happy to hear that this latest stOry is done. Even happier to hear that you're doing better BustArtist. I'm looking forward to reading those stories for years to come, so you have to take good care of yourself. ;)

BustArtist said...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I've always made it a priority to take care of myself whenever I can. It's not always easy or I don't always have the time, but I try ... hard. So far, so good!

Fan of BOOBS dances around as she loudly said...

AWWWW MAAAAAAAANNNNN!!

Bring on the BOOOOOOOOOOBBSSS!

Anonymous said...

not 2 be tooo negative here...but wuts the holdup. This story still isn't up 4 sale yet!!

copperknyght said...

If you would read the blog post a little more carefully, you would see that he has already sent the file to the Host. But it is the Host that has not made it available yet.

knivesjc said...

The Art/Story is worth the wait, when its posted its posted.

BA take care of yourself I'm looking forward to buying stories like this for years to come.

The DUDE said...

Dude, could we like...email you are info or something...maybe buy the story that way cuz yer server is guilty of some serious @$$ dragging

BustArtist said...

I just sent the file again to my Host, as they finally responded with apologies. These things are not always spontaneous, but they have been quicker than this to react in the past (1-2 days). Hopefully, by this weekend, we will have a release.

The Dude: purchases need to be made through the store for accuracy and verification. What do you mean the server is slow? Are you refering to this upload issue; slowness in receiving the link emails; or slowness in downloading? Please let me know, and I can help figure out a solution for you. (I cannot change the server or software, as it is a "template driven" service provided by my Host... but I can work within its parameters).

CRonus said...

Me thinkz the DUDE was speaking of the upload issue!!

A frequent customer said...

Yeah, you'd think there would be better hosts out there. It seems like they've dragged ass every single time. Are they managing the whole store's layout or something as well?

copperknyght said...

Perhaps if a Host change is not feasible, it could be worked around it by staying one update ahead of the ones posted on the blog.

e.g. If we get UPDATE #2 on an ongoing project, UPDATE #3 might already have been finished. And when the last UPDATE before the release is made the file could already have been uploaded so that by the time the RELEASE UPDATE is made the Host will have made it available so there is no lag.

I don't know how feasible this would be.

In any case, we are eagerly awaiting the release. :)

BustArtist said...

Well, these things do take time. Sending this in, it gets put into the Tech Support "queue", and when my turn comes, it comes. Previously, it has been posted as early as 24 hours; other times, as long as 2 weeks (but that was before the new Ownership change, which actually has made them much better). So, in all, I see it as an unfortunate inconvenience of a few more days waiting.

copperknyght: I appreciate the thoughts, but that really wouldn't work. I give updates to tell everyone exactly where I am at. If I was working on "project#3", and said " 'project#2' page 12 is done!", well that wouldn't be true because the WHOLE project would actually be done. Plus, in order to start such a system, there would be no updates for about 3 months while I "set-up" such a scenario. But thanks for the input.

The delay was just a slightly longer one than expected, that's all. I did say that last weekend's release was "hopeful". In future, I will make it more apparent that any "estimated" release is just that, and give a possible range based on past releases and normal "uploading and processing" times.

The files I upload are larger than their normal uploading system can handle, so I have to send it to them to do so. They have been very accommodating to do so.

copperknyght said...

Completely understandable.

My only thought was to perhaps provide a cushion against unexpected delays. And of course I don't know the precise nature of the interactions between you and the Host. Any mistake was mine. Good to know that they have been so accommodating.

Please don't think that I don't appreciate how informed you keep your fans and customers. I do! Very much so. Keep doing what you're doing.


Now, off to the store...