Friday, June 26, 2020

Work on grOw/cinema, Ep. XVII has begun!

After the usual first week monitoring of sales after a new release, I decided to upgrade my MacOS a few steps since 1) I had some bugs that were causing slowdown issues and other problems for a while, and 2) I was unable to use the latest version of Adobe's products (Photoshop) since my OS was too old. I don't upgrade to each new OS due to software and/or hardware (Wacom tablet) issues. I usually stay a version or 2 behind, letting them iron out the kinks.

I've done this before, and knew it would easily take a day or two due to make sure all files are backed-up (do YOU have copies on separate drives of all your files?), having to install a new OS, having to reinstall all applications, fonts, settings, etc.etc.  HOWEVER, this time, it was one of the worst experiences I've had doing so, taking 5 days! Not to get into detail, but there was a lot of waiting (processes taking 5 hours), reinstalling, hard drive wiping, trying to merge 2 partitions into new sizes, backing up, etc.

Now that this chore was out of the way, I needed to test the new system. During this time, I created all my June Patreon artwork (cropped sneak peaks below). (patreon.com/bustartist)

While I worked on the Patreon images, I was letting the next storyline of grOw/cinema percolate in my brain. After hitting my stride working out the concept of the story beyond the main bullet points that I wanted to achieve, the script writing went quite smoothly. 

Today, I started to rough out the thumbnail storyboard drawings, visually planning the whole issue. I got halfway through the issue. This I will continue early next week, and then begin the actual artwork.

2 comments:

AnonFan said...

Please have lactation in the issue. Or growth that revolves around it. 🙏

Anonymous said...

Uneven growing would be good to see. keep up the good work!