Friday, March 31, 2017

grOw/cinema, Episode II -- 68 of 82 frames complete!

There are now 68 of 82 of Episode II of grOw/cinema now finished! Actually, I was hoping to have up to frame 70 done by end of today. 

Unfortunately, at about 3pm today, while working on the drawing for frame 69, my Wacom Cintiq's pen broke!  Doh!  While brushing some lint off of the handle, the back part suddenly came off in my hand. Then, I couldn't slide the casing and exposed electronics back in. Then, a few pieces came off near the switch. At this point, it was useless to continue. I immediately purchased a new pen online from Wacom, and spent a premium 2-3 day shipping cost. This would avoid up to a 4-7 business day delivery... which would have meant up to a week and half! And with the company being on the opposite coast from me, it would be the full 7 business days. So, hopefully, it will come mid-next week.

If this hadn't had happened, I could have easily finished 2 more frames. I will also lose a few days of work next week waiting for the new pen's arrival. But I will try to see if I can use the time to work on the backgrounds for the rest of the frames (I don't need the Cintiq for this). I may even try to begin the website updates for the release when this Episode is complete.

Hang in there!  Only 14 frames to go after the new pen arrives!

4 comments:

other290 said...

Can't wait to buy the issue, sorry about the pen (Damn!!!) Hope RL work is going well too. Was wondering who else would get into the fun - figured they may have to go bigger - smaller - bigger to let you extend the story and fit through doors! Hope the setup gave you a lot of ideas.

BustArtist said...

other290: This is an open-ended series. Many characters can come and go. :-) Well, except the main character. ;-)

Ktc said...

Paul comes a lot more then most now. ;-)

ktc said...

Oops of course I meant Carl!