Friday, September 9, 2016

Drawing of grOw/cOmic#6, issue 8 closer to completion

I was able to get a lot of work done this week on the last issue of the grOw/cOmic#6 ("Milking the Plot") series. I continued drawing and was able to finish another 8 full pages (18 of 23 now drawn). This took quite a bit of background set-ups first, using my 3D program, so that the characters matched the scene perfectly (28 shots). It also took some "model building" time, as new background scenes were needed. And some of these were for the last 5 pages, so I will be ready to draw next week! Right now, I am scanning in each drawing (taking 2 scans each, since the page is so large) and compositing them.

The one thing I learned in this issue is that BE authors have it easy. Sure, you have to describe a scene with detail, but you can leave some of it vague and let the reader fill it in. An artist must supply every detail, and even more challenging, make it work to the laws of physics.  (In creating one of the grOw/stOries, I had to go back to the author and ask him to re-write a particular passage. It seemed to make sense in text. But when I started to draw it, and tried to figure out where each arm, leg, head, and boob would go, I realized the human body doesn't work that way.)  I had to change a few scenes ever so slightly in this last issue for the same reason. Things just got too big.

6 comments:

RC said...

"Too big"?...but.....but....THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE.

Anonymous said...

I will like to know how big they were suppose to be before the changes made :)

BustArtist said...

I think you guys misunderstood me. :) I said I had to change the scene (what was happening with the characters), not the size of the boobs. I kept the boobs the same size as I originally intended, but I couldn't have the characters do what I originally wanted... they simply couldn't. So I had to do something else (entirely or slightly) that would be possible with boobs that size.

:)

RC said...

Oh thank goodness. Phew. Haha.

other290 said...

Well, at least the boobs are constant. Can't wait to see it completed, know the artwork will be great as always. Hope the barn wasn't historical....

Anonymous said...

Love you bust artist.. You are amazing and so is your work :)