Friday, August 26, 2016

grOw/cOmic#6, issue 8 drawing begins!

It's been 2 weeks since the release of issue 7, and in that time, I've made a lot of headway on issue 8 ("Climax"), the final issue of this series.  After taking care of some "real life" work that I pushed off in order to get issue 7 out on time, I sat down and wrote the script to issue 8. I already had an idea on where I was going and how it would end. But I only had some outlines written, but not actual dialogue or narration. As this work got closer to completion, I knew that this final issue was going to be another long one. As it sits now, the issue will be 23 pages!

After the script was finalized, I sketched out each page in small 3"x4" roughs to plan out the frames and content. Then, once I was satisfied (I made a few changes to some pages), I then proceeded to set up camera angles and backgrounds in my 3D program. This last step would help me gauge the proper proportions of the characters to the backgrounds. After doing this for most of the frames of the first 6 pages, I began the pencil drawing. Today, I finished the first 2 pages. After drawing them, the pages were scanned, stitched together (as the size of the drawings is too big to fit on the scanner bed), retouched, and made into templates for the ink and paint stage.

The final race to release has begun! This is going to be a wild ride!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it amazing that you're already hard at work so soon, BA! This new preview is very enticing in its detail despite it being only a sketch- the fact that Connie looks almost desperate to be even bigger and is fueled by lust and that desire to win the wager, and how she's definitely holding multiple bottles...I'm hoping to see her get undeniably and unquestionably gigantic! Your previous issue was exceptional and a masterwork, so I know this one will continue that pedigree of this already beloved series (definitely a favorite of mine now) in its epic conclusion! Can't wait to see more!

BustArtist said...

Anon:: There's a lot of work to do, so there's no time a'wasting! And as the last issue, there is a lot to cover (one of the reasons it will be so much longer than usual). I am glad you have enjoyed my work, and this series especially! Thanks for the kudos! :-) I wanted something "epic" to mark grOw/cOmic (and "Milk Farm"'s) 10th anniversary.

Unknown said...

This is simply spledid. Requesting you to see this and let me know ► https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5HQxPa2EU8