Friday, January 16, 2015

grOw/cOmic#6, issue 2 pencils begin!

In the past, I've usually taken a small break after an issue has been release to recoup a bit after the last few hectic days to allow my self to do things such as catch up on "real life" work that I put off in order to get the latest issue out.  While I had done some of this since the release of issue 1, it was only for a small amount of time. The rest of the last week or so I have been gearing up to begin issue 2 of "Milking the Plot" (grOw/cOmic#6).

I have been rereading and reworking the script, setting up some backgrounds (especially in which the drawings must sync up perfectly with the background), and finally, sketching/planning out (in thumbnail form) the entire issue's layout, and beginning the actual pencil drawings for issue 2!  I have already completed the first 2 pages in terms of the base pencil templates that will be scanned in, and then "inked and painted" in Adobe Illustrator (lines and flat color, as well as text and word balloons and boxes) and shading, backgrounds, and the rest of the effects (Adobe Photoshop).

I'm hitting the ground running, and hope to get issue 2 out as soon as possible.

2 comments:

other290 said...

Can't wait to see the next issue's growing developments. From all the comments, I trust the last release was a hit. Hope RL is going well and the prep work goes well.

Anonymous said...

Firming up nicely, BA ;)