Wednesday, November 13, 2013

grOw/stOry#15, illustrations 84% complete!

I've been plugging away on grOw/stOry#15, "Succubus", diligently for the past few weeks.  So much so, I forgot to give my minimal once-a-week update that I try to do when working hard on a project.  I just finished illustration #18 (a 2-page spread!)and I am in the middle of #19.  In total, I have bumped the number of illustrations up to 22, 4 of which are 2-page illustrations. This is the most for any grOw/stOry, and a stOry of this size needs this. I would have had more colored by this point since my last update, but when I hit #16, I realized that I hadn't pencil-drawing #17-22 yet (mostly as we were still finalizing the stOry at that time). So, I took a full day or so and made great progress creating those final 6 drawings. The author (Tristan Langley / "Longbow9") has seen the progress on the color images, and needless to say, he's ecstatic.

Getting closer! The artwork is the best to-date, and the Cintiq is seriously helping me achieve that goal without the same strain as before. Plus, I recently upgraded from Poser 6 to Poser 10. This enormous jump in program power — with enhance figures, lighting, previews, and pose-ability — has seriously sped up the posing and camera angle planning I do for each image.

Hang in there!   This newest release is already at my website, albiet with a "Coming Soon" moniker and no buy button. But you can read a synopsis and get some info. (The cool thing also is that the store set-up is already done, something I usually hold off doing until the stOry is complete.)

Enjoy the preview!

4 comments:

other290 said...

Can't wait to buy - sounds like a nice long read with great art. Hope RL work cooperates, and thanks to JulieKat for proofreading as always.

Striker said...

Can't wait! Any idea on an ETA? I would totally buy it now with the pics you have and would be fine with the full copy later. lol.

other290 said...

...just checking! Can't wait to buy the new issue....

BustArtist said...

other290: heh heh... thanks. The writer and I may be doing the proofreading, but if JK gets a chance (work schedule has been reeeeeeally busy), she will too.

Striker I am reeallly hoping to release it by end of next week. Hopefully midweek, but no later than the weekend. (knock on wood).

I just finished image #20 today, and began #21 (both 2-page spreads).