Sunday, September 9, 2012

grOw/cOmic#5, issue 3 pencils nearly done!

Well, I had truly hoped (and expected) that I would have had all of the pencil drawings and scanning for issue 3 to have been done by this weekend. Unfortunately, life can take some sudden unexpected turns. In what seems to be a normally occurring phenomenon, a number of my "RL work" clients all came out of the woodwork on the same day for some last minute work after weeks (or months) of inactivity. Sometimes, I think they call each other and plan it that way. Making it even worse was the fact that I seriously strained my lower back a few days ago, making sitting at my drawing table difficult. Hell, just standing and walking is extremely difficult.

However, the "RL" projects are wrapping up, my back is (slowly) getting better, and I have completed the drawings for 16 of the 19 pages for issue 3. (Yep! There will be an extra page in issue 3!) I really want to begin the ink/paint stage this week, and I am going to make a serious effort to do so. This, of course, will begin the usual showing of page-by-page color previews. For now, here is a pencil preview from issue 3. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi BA,
I really love your work normally, but I'm afraid the GTS stuff doesn't really do much for me (that's no criticism of you just a fact). Will you be returning to your regular programming after this or is this going to be the status quo from now on?

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your still progressing, was a little worried when we had no updates for a couple of weeks.

BustArtist said...

Anon#1: No problem. I understand. Not every "growth fetish" will be loved the same amount (or at all) by everyone. But no worries, I WILL be returning to my "regularly scheduled program" after this series. I still have more grOw/stOries to pump out (all BE-focused). I am also mentally formulating the storyline to grOw/cOmic#6 as well, which will definitely be BE-centric.

Anon#2: Thanks! Yeah, August was a doozy of a month, and seriously delayed me on production of issue 3. I am glad the month is over, and I am recovering. :)

jayessell said...

That's a sub-set of Murphy's Law.
"Rare or infrequent events will occur simultaneously."

jayessell said...

That's a sub-set of Murphy's Law.
"Rare or infrequent events will occur simultaneously."