Thursday, October 18, 2007

grOw/cOmic#2, "H2grOw" prOgress repOrt


So, for a first entry, I wanted to give an up-to-date status on issue 4 of grOw/cOmic#2, H2grOw.

I am a little behind on my original goal, which was to be mid-October. A number of "real-life" issues stopped all work for about 3 weeks in September. But things have gotten much better, and I am now pushing hard for the completion of issue 4.

Chapter 4: Fighting for Control will have 19 pages of comic! In addition to the delay mentioned above, this issue took a little longer because of 2 rewrites/additions to the story. One major one involved removing one 3-page sequence, and replacing it with an action-packed 8-page sequence. Something new was added with one character that was not even in the original script.

As of today, this is what is done on issue 4:

  • All 19 pages are completed in the initial pencil stage.
  • 10 out of the 19 pages are complete — pencil, "ink", coloring, text, backgrounds, and "special effects".
  • Depending on my workload, I have been getting 1/2 to 1 page done per day.
  • Current target: end of October to early November.

No comments: