Wednesday, September 10, 2008

page 10 completed!

Boy, my "real life" work load is really weighing down on me — thus, updates have been a little slower. I had hoped to have this up yesterday, but at 12:45am, I had to go to sleep before finishing this page. So I completed it, instead, this morning.

The good news is that, all-in-all, the speed at which the pages are being produced is quite good, relative to the details and amount of artwork. I think my pace has definitely increased as compared to grOw#1 and grOw#2. The is in part due to a general skill increase (due to a lot of practice -- 144 pages between the 2 cOmics and about 117 full-page images for the 9 grOw/stOries) and revising my work technique to save time, but not in a way that loses quality.

Well, enjoy the preview! 10 pages done, 6 pages to go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job!

I was the one that said "Chip, chip, chip" and it is soo true. I am curious, If I remember correctly you said you had upgraded to CS2? Was there a reason you did not go to CS3? Also, I hear "CS4" which will not be called CS4 but something else will be released in Nov.

Also, has the upgrade made your efforts easier and smoother?

Chip, Chip, Chip!

BustArtist said...

I just downloaded the TRIAL version for CS3. I have not officially upgraded yet. So far, CS3 has definitely improved my workflow. Plus, since it is written more for the Intel Macs, I have seen an increase in speed over CS2. Why haven't I upgrade? My last year's upgrade budget was spent on hardware (new iMac). I was just about to say "OK" to the CS3 upgrade, when I heard about CS4. I will probably save my money, and wait for CS4, rather than buying CS3, and then upgrade again to CS4.

Unknown said...

I respect you BA, and truly dig your work, I am an artist too, and can truly agree with you about "other obligations" that has to be dealt with. So do what you can do when you can do it.. The results will still be good. Your art style keeps getting better with each entry. You inspire me to pursue a simular project, but I'm still unfamiliar with the kind of software you employ. Keep up the great work!!